photo © DPA / adagp
Location: Route des Tribunes, 75116, Paris, France
Type: Public – Sports
Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture – http://www.perraultarchitecture.com
Site Area: 63 ha
Built Area: 23 603 m2
Beginning of Conceptual Design: May 2011
Estimated Beginning of Construction: September 2013
Estimated Construction: period 2 years
Through the following program, the modernizing project of the Longchamp Racecourse aims at increasing the frequency of the sport events (from 30 races a year today, to 50 meetings a year after the redevelopment), at opening Racecourse all year long thanks to the creation on the site of permanent activities and the reduction of the operating costs:
• Creation of a new raceway in filtered sand, on the outskirts of the inner enclosure
• Demolition I reconstruction of the Presidential, the Conseil Municipal, and the Jockey Club stands.
• Demolition I reconstruction of the weighing Pavilion and the introduction circle stands (area dedicated to the sport activity: changing rooms, weighing, commissioners.).
• Demolition I reconstruction of the village, the terraces and the cash desk (located at the north of the site with the health service, the race organization .).
• Creation of a new Reception Pavilion, a cafe, exhibition spaces, a hall for events, a raceway restaurant, and a great panoramic restaurant overhanging the new stands.
• Preservation I renovation of the Pavilion Stand and the tote Pavilion (Registered in the additional list of the Historic Monuments).
• Preservation I renovation of the stables area and the administrative building with a relocation of the introduction circle and the extension of the stables.
• Creation of a structuring line, going North to South, linking up all the programs (stands, reception, gardens, cultural spaces, patrimonial area, restaurant, event area.).
• Redevelopment of the accesses to the site: entrance to Paris, entrance to Boulogne, forecourt on the Seine River Side.
• Renovation of the underground foundations: the achievement of the raceway in filtered sand requires the extension and the modification of the road tunnel + the compliance of the pedestrian tunnel under the raceway.
• Landscaping: reducing the building areas and increasing the permeable floor areas, planting trees on the site and making a new landscape by highlighting the blue network.